Tips: Good enjoyed with Sake
4 lbs Flanken Ribs (½ inch thick ribs)
¾ cup Asian Family Korean BBQ Sauce
½ cup Rice wine vinegar
¼ cup Sake (optional)
1½ tsp Grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp Finely chopped garlic
1 tsp Black pepper
For: every four pounds of flanken ribs
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, soak the ribs in the marinade overnight.
- After leaving overnight, take the ribs out from the marinade and save the marinade.
- Strain the marinade into a saucepan and bring it to a boil – set aside to cool.
- Place the ribs on a very hot BBQ grill or a frying pan. Let the ribs start to caramelize on the bottom edges before turning over. Do the same to the other side.
- Remove from heat and brush the marinade on both sides of the cooked ribs.
- Serve over steamed rice and a colourful combination of stir fried vegetables. And don’t forget the sake!